Thursday, September 25, 2014

Paris Fashion Week - Rochas

Yesterday I became a paparazzi

It's Fashion Week in Paris and the Rochas show was on

At Palais de Tokyo. French Girl says this is a good place to shoot.

A lost model gets directions.

Another model chills pre-show.

Ta da! The celebs show up.

Anna Della Russo of Vogue Nippon wearing I don't know who but evidently she doesn't leave the house in any outfits that total up to less than $50,000 according to the Daily Mail. During Fashion Week she changes several times a day.

With her gal pal W contributing editor, Giovanna Battaglia. Giovanna made No.1 on The Cut's top 25 best-dressed from PFW btw.

After the show they came out wearing different shoes. These hot tinseled slingback heels from the show worn with athletic socks. For more Rochas show details check The Cut.

Voila!

Who R U? The photographers race to shoot somebody. No clue who she is but I tag along. Some show up dolled up with no entry ticket just hoping the photogs will shoot em.

I do recognize the discrete back of NYTimes photographer, Bill Cunningham.

Post-show I spot US Vogue Grace Coddington in what looks black PJs. No doubt very comfortable with all the shows she clocks in per day. And no, Anna Wintour was not there but enough other biggies to warrant this is an important show. Getting tickets is not easy. And very slim chances for your everyday blogger. OK I have a snowball's chance of getting in. You write  PR months in advance and then pray. I'll try next time round but don't hold your breath.

Suzy Menkes whizzed by. I need some kind of speed/burst app for my lill ipad to get these.

Ex-fashion editor of the NYTimes, Cathy Horyn gets ready to take a swig of Evian post-show.

Vogue's Hamish Bowles is onboard (and holding a Diptyque notebook by the way - I saw those at Maison Objet).

I loved some of the shapes of the clothes.I have never seen so much style in one hour as I did watching the Rochas show arrivals. Great fun and terrifically inspiring. Perhaps even better than going inside?!

Every now and then a splash of red to liven up all the neutrals, solid blacks and navies.

Nefertiti tout en rouge makes an exit.

The hairdo of the hour is this tiny bun at the nape of the neck by this Russian stunner, Olga Karput with what appears to be not a stitch of makeup on. You tell me.

More librarian buns.Note very few of the so call de rigeur scarves are worn by this haute-stylish gang.

I'm calling this the "Charlotte Bronte/Jane Eyre" look. The stylists can call it what they want but the sleek, austere head is evident. I somewhat butchered a fabulous Tim Walker photo but this is how I feel. Exhilarated and a tad pooped, but SO much fun. Stay tuned PBers for more.
PS I had to cut out a lot of photos to publish this post sadly. More pics on Flickr!

27 comments:

  1. D'arcy DPT8:15 AM

    Yes! I think people want to see the outside pictures much more than inside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alors! Grace! Bill and Hamish!!!!! I would have peed in my pants! I love the sparkly shoes and I think all of us would have been paparazzi for this show! Merci Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annabelle8:22 AM

    Love to be IN your shoes as long as they are not 5-inch talons.
    Ballerinas please! looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foodwalker8:30 AM

    Wonderful Bronte reference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bun /not bun at the nape of the neck is so popular here too..messy buns.I love them..they highlight young women's pretty faces so well.A knot on top is favored too..
    The legs Carol..the legs..wow.
    Thank goodness I am past pining for things I don't have:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some Great top knot shots but Blogger decided I was overdoing it and wouldnt let me post so they are up on my FLICKR !!!! Go take a look..link above. Too much to see

      Delete
    2. Thank you! One of our daughters looks great in TK..the other looks great in the lower ones..:)
      2 styles complètement différents mes filles!

      Delete
  6. What a fun thing to do- I would never of thought of hanging outside. But then I wouldn't recognise most of these fashion types. I love your Jane Eyre reference. And you're quite right about the scarves- interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those sparkly shoes!! With some notable exceptions, the fashion editors seem to epitomize "Do as I say, not as I do." But these shows are all for fun anyway. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathryn MA11:18 AM

    Great fun! I'm out to buy red!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sara Lee11:22 AM

    That blondie is angelic!
    Divine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erica S11:28 AM

    Some of those models could use a sandwich (but I’m just jealous!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great pics! Love the sparkly shoes. It never ceases to amaze me how so many "fashion experts" can look so dreadful. I realize it is just my opinion but seriously Suzy Menkes that hair! There is "fashion" and there is "style" and some seem to have neither and yet make tons of money talking about it. Pushing the envelope right off the table for heaven's sake. Would have loved to see Bill though, lots of respect here for his work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cornelia4:28 PM

    your photos are wonderful. Love the fashion and the shoes!!! Such fun to see how plugged in you are and how fab you are at spotting celebrities! I am green with envy of all your talents!
    Cheers, congratulations, hosannas, and all the rest

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane Eyre4:31 PM

    Quite the La Dolce Vita scene isn't it?
    Drama for sparkly heel. S much dough thrown away...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Job on this one. I LOVED it !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun! But how do you discover the locations of each show? The official website has the schedule but not the sites....Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A french friend sent me the locations list.
      I'll have rto find out..

      Delete
    2. I put the FW schedule up on Flickr
      The link is above Tut

      Delete
  17. Carol, I've been having fun catching up on your recent posts.

    Les Jours des Patrimoine would be right up my street/rue. I laughed at the sight of that not-so-elegant chap resting on the gilded chair. Comment on dit "upholstery innards" en Francais? That and the parquet info would also have interested me.

    The food sampling would have been a treat. It's great to see that damp weather did not keep enthusiasm down.

    On the the fashion show. You are a fine reporter. I loved seeing Grace's red mane and Bill's blue back. Skinny models need milkshakes or beaucoup des fromages.

    That librarian bun is something we also see over here worn by young fellows. Perhaps they also love to read?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love your view of life. I was surprised to see anyone smoking. Do French still smoke a lot? The last photo made me laugh out loud. While not as thin or rich, I have been that pooped.

    Madonna

    ReplyDelete
  19. WHOA! You actually saw my fave fab NY Cyclist Bill Cunningham!!! Did you see the awesome documentary?

    ReplyDelete
  20. At last I can be fashionable without spending a sou! My hair is plenty long enough for the bun!!! Tomorrow I shall be the most fashionable mommie at the dog park!

    ReplyDelete
  21. More fab photos. I'm working my way backwards, but still fun. Those tinseled shoes are great fun! Don't you wish you had a pair? '-) The bun……..a look I wore for years and still do on occasion. Makes life simple.
    I'm heading over to your Flickr link to see more. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loooooove!!!! ������

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you