Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Paris Vitrines

For your amusement, odd bits from various holiday Paris windows/vitrines seen around town. I can remember street names if not shop names..this was in an antique bookshop on upper rue Bonaparte (not far from Pierre Hermé, an important landmark).
 
In paper shop on rue St.Martin.

Back to the antique bookshop.
Artsy Picasso pillows on lower rue Bonaparte.
 
In Sentou on rue François Miron in the Marais.
Optometrist on rue St.Antoine.
 
Winter hats sold by street venders outside BHV.
 
A poster
 
For this artist whose name I forget on quai des Grand Augustins.
 
Animal print animals in a lingerie shop on rue St.Sulpice.
 
Austrian boiled wool Giesswein slippers it would be very nice to have now in marché Grenelle.
 
Wintery scene in Ma Cave wine shop on rue de Belleville
 
Witty Paul Smith on rue St. Honoré was thinking ahead.
 

Exquisite antique shop on rue Daguerre
 
Strangely illuminated child's dress on rue Jacob.
 
Tick tock old clock faces for the new year on rue Rambuteau. January has come in like a lion on the East Coast US. Please stop roaring M. Lion! Animal calendar seen on rue du Pont Louis. If you can remember the shop names do tell dear PBers.
 

8 comments:

  1. Lucille5:46 AM

    A fun sequence of images!
    Love the hat girls next to the butterfly lady..
    A taste of Paris whimsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgia6:15 AM

    All of the windows are like the mini stage sets in the paper shop. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just have shown how rarely I see what is in front of me - I need to really see and appreciate - so many gems right there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing collection of close-ups, great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shop window decor in Paris is really unique, and I took lots of pictures of all kinds of shops when I was there. Looking forward to doing so again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never tire of Paris shop windows- and they are ever changing too- even better. I love that poster with the butterflies. I'm pretty sure I saw a work by that artist in a gallery of Place des Vosges- it was extraordinary. That clock window too is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tire of Paris shop windows- and they are ever changing too- even better. I love that poster with the butterflies. I'm pretty sure I saw a work by that artist in a gallery of Place des Vosges- it was extraordinary. That clock window too is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much eye candy..love the boiled wool clogs..
    I would look terrible in that long see through skirt..I should have watched a bit of the awards show tonight..maybe someone wore it..
    The umbrellas you show are always so big and gorgeous..not your golf umbrella:-)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you