Monday, January 27, 2014

Maison et Objet 2014

Bear and his friend haven't packed yet even though we're all moving TODAY!
 
We decided to check out the huge fabulous MAISON et OBJET show yesterday at the Villepinte Nord exhibition center to look for a few items for our new mouse hole.
 

There are 8 big halls to cover and over 3,000 exhibitors. No wonder people bring rolling suitcases for all the fab catalogs.

We mainly stayed in the Cook + Design hall #3 since we didn't wish to kill ourselves like last year's Maison et Objet.
 
We're definite about needing this Armani table ware for our new digs that's for sure
.
We already have a recessed shower in the wall but who wouldn't love a splendid bathtub in the middle of the room I ask you?
 
A handsome armchair and matching china from Gien France would hit the spot.
 
Perhaps placing the chair ON top of the table is a way better idea
 
Bibelots may be a no-no for lack of space from Ateliers C et S Davoy.
 
But we fell hard for everything from Spanish decor company Guardarte.
 
This greeny head is an essential.
 
Two faux 17th century busts will look nice in the hallway (if I had a hallway..ahem).
 
Everyone requires a peacock on the dining room table (if you happen to have a dining room. I don't).
 
From Swedish SIA a wall of faux flowers to bring the outside in.
 
A wall of Damann teas is perfect when guests drop by.
 
Hanging from the rafters (again if I had them) a slew of French copper pots.
 
Plus plenty of wine carafes for evening entertainment.
 
There are tastings, lectures and demos going on all the days of Maison Objet - a don't-miss in my opinion. In hall 3 I heard pastry chefs, Francois Perret of Hotel Shangri-La and Fabien Rouillard of Fauchon chat with marketing chef Karine Legoux of Angelina about 'Le tea time, petit luxe à (ré)enchanter'. Heard is the operative word here. Understood is another matter.
 
There are plenty of treats in hall 3 like these velvety jams from Sens et Savor.
 
Greenpan was serving Brazilian feojioda in their terrific ceramic non-stick pots and pans.
 
I will need a complete set of only orange Le Creuset ware non?
 
Even though none of the bears or myself drink coffee you have to have an espresso maker and it might as well be snazzy Italian Bugatti.
 
These bright crumpled cups from Revol will do nicely to serve it in.
 
With tableware from my fav, Sabre Paris. they have a shop to boot on rue St. Sulpice.
 
I would love to have daily deliveries of France's oldest artisanal limonade-maker Elixia.
 
If not I'll DIY with Sodastream. The French have redesigned it plus added flavoring cups. YUM Scarlette Johansen is their new spokesperson. No wonder she moved to France.
 
A live-in Monbano chocolate chef is another essential. The bears may have to move out sadly ;(
 
Making chocolate lollypops/sucettes all day long of course.
 
French women don't get fat
French women don't get facelifts
French women DO eat lollypops none-stop
 
By this time with all the added accoutrements in my new mouse hole (20 meters big) I'll be hanging from the rafters if I had them. Instead I plan to learn how to make a proper tarte tatin au pomme like I tasted at Maison et Objet. The fair is on through Tuesday. Do go if you can. And take the RER B for heavens sake not the navettes - just 15-20 minutes from Gare du Nord. Now I must go pack!
 

23 comments:

  1. Foodwalker5:00 AM

    It looks Ab Fab!
    Wish I was there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind the accoutrements - I say go for the live-in chocolate chef. Good luck with the move, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me the Le Crueset ware!
    Buster says hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the move again !! Good luck, hope you, Bear & his friend will be happy in your new abode. Orange le Cruset I adore, not too fussed about the garden objects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe what you continue to do in the midst of a move..
    Full of joie de vivre you are..
    I like the area you chose to visit..:)
    Le Creuset en rouge for you non?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the move- I was surprised that you had the time today, but I can certainly see why you were lured there- it all looks so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I'd like to be able to attend someday. Just a heads-up though: there's a big brouhaha over Scarlett's being spokesperson for SodaStream, because they are based in an illegal West Bank settlement, practice serious discrimination in hiring, and pay sub-standard wages (described by one Palestinian employee as "slave" wages). Many organizations are trying to get Oxfam to dump her as a global ambassador because of this. http://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/blog/jvp-and-allies-respond-to-scarlett-johansson-statement-on-sodastream

    ReplyDelete
  8. cyndi from SD10:34 AM

    Your posting is wonderful as usual.Oh,I missed that you were moving again.Now you will have a new neighborhood to explore amongst your other forays.
    Will you miss your neighbors? You also asked for people who have not been receiving your posts in a timely fashion,or not at all...THAT WOULD BE MOI.I did resubscribe last night.I hate to miss the fun.thanks so much and happy move.cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol, Maison et Objet looks like great fun...and so very French!

    Wish I could be over there helping you and the bears with the packing and relocating. Best wishes to you in the new place. Hoping that it's got some good painting light!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynne C1:21 PM

    No one knows Gien china..I have mixed two different patterns..I love Le Creuset, a couple of pieces for years.. And two copper pans of which sadly to say I don't use much anymore..so I guess I am more "French" than I thought???lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the copper pans (but have no desire to clean them) & the crumpled cups &, of course, orange Le Creuset. Didn't realize you were moving again - do you have a pool nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Bear's new friend. Just adorable! We love our Revol crumpled cup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maison et Objet looks similar to the California Gift Show I will be attending this week-end. The gift show is not open to the public you can only attend with a badge. Maison et Objet looks fabulous!!! Does it only come up in January? The gift shows are twice a year January and July, the big shows are in Atlanta, New York, California and now Las Vegas. It is always exciting to see what is new each year. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they are similar Ann.
      Jan and Sept. I went in New York a few times..just this seems bigger
      Yes you do need to be in the trade or or press or know someone who knows someone.

      Delete
  14. I love your photos, they really jump out at you. The exhibits have great lighting on them, nice contrast with the background.
    The food looks good, too!
    So French women suck on lollipops all day long? Hmmm.......
    I hope that the moving is going well & that Bear is carrying his fair share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point.
      They are extremely well lit.
      And rightly so to be attention-grabbers as you walk the red carpet..

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous post. Question...where do you get your energy? Is it sugar driven?! We love our Greenpan pots and pans which we buy for a song in Vallejo CA right from the Meyer factory when they have a super sale in Dec. Has spoiled all shopping the rest of the year when it comes to anything kitchen related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED those GREENPANS!
      You are sooo lucky

      Delete
  16. A move in Paris has to be daunting. However, being able to totally immerse yourself in the district you are living in (since each is like a village) has to be what you were looking for when you decided to make your home there. Recharge your batteries after the move, and we will all enjoy your exploration of your new surroundings. Please include the parks and gardens

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post on M&O! And I love the fact that you spoil bear and his friend with pastries ;-)
    Hope the moving went fine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That Armani table looks so 80s!
    I hope you have arrived in your new home, have a nice warm bed ready, some hot chocolate (with Schlag?) in a cup in front of you, and ready to relax, perchance to sleep.
    Hugs,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Would love to see post of how exactly you accomplish all these moves! Big truck? Fleet of velos?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, now this is really my cuppa tea! I want everything that is bright and pretty. Those colors set my spring thing going (especially when I look outside and it's a world of white.) This is exactly the kind of spot where I should NEVER venture!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you