Monday, March 04, 2013

In Montparnasse

Lundi 4 Mars Montparnasse

Doing research...
I tried to hit all the high points (or low points depending on how you see it). Cafe Deguarre is a fav for a quick pre-sleuthing express.

Then on to the scene of the crime.
Number 14 Villa d'Alesia, a rue so hidden away you need bloodhounds to find it.
But find it we did bloodhounds and all.
Next a tres charmante rue below Montparnasse, rue des Thermopolyes (if you can spell or pronounce this one I'll send you to Paris).
The bloodhounds were working overtime finding it. Peter's Paris has oodles of historic tidbits on the areas BELOW Montparnasse...oh why didn't I read it yesterday?
Aimee's hound only eats the finest on rue Daguerre.
But this threesome got the jump on her.
I went to town with my advanced copy of MBM/Murder Below Montparnasse. You will too if you get on the ball and preorder before APRIL 15 March 5 (that's tomorrow in case you were wondering). Listen you want this FREE trip to Paris or what PBers?!  
By the way Cara/Aimee says the crepes are the BEST below Montparnasse

And she doesn't mess with you when it comes to crepes or anything else for that matter.

You've got less than 24 hrs till APRIL 15 to win this Paris trip I'd give my eye-tooth for and I'm living here! Cara Black will be your guide for 7 days visiting Aimee's hot spots in every book.

18 comments:

  1. I especially like your crepe-shooting Beretta!
    fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Le Petit Josselin looks wonderful, Carol...Aimée gives it a head up :) thanks for the tour below Montparnasse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the fromage and my companion went all out with the formule (12€) egg+ham and a dessert crepe of chestnut cream...I was salivating

      Delete
  3. ok, book is ordered!!! now time to pack my bags.....;)
    would love a trip to paris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading the details on this fun trip I would jump on it if I wasn't already IN Paris...darn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Wikipedia says this about la rue des Thermopyles: "Cette rue est une des rares rues encore pavée de gros pavés. Bordée de petites maisons anciennes de deux ou trois étages décorées de glycines, cette rue garde un aspect très particulier." Sounds interesting!

    Patricia H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia I'm sending you to Paris!
      It is an exquisite street even more so in the spring when all the vines are blooming

      Delete
  6. Tremendously witty, informative post Carol!

    I'm not really interested in the trip (timing, other priorities, like to do things on my own, etc)....but AM V.E.R.Y. interested in her books. I wonder if they contain a map of locations? Doesn't matter, can figure it out. What fun!! Nancy Drew for grown-ups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Aimee Leduc books do contain maps FH
      But the pre pub copy I got did not.
      In future I'll show maps..it would help me too find these off beat places.
      I should have included a map in the post
      Thanks for mentioning it.

      Delete
    2. PS the French make a big deal over pave and even have little square chocolate called pave as well as a cut of beef
      What don't they make a big deal over?

      Delete
    3. Chocolatier Michel Chaudon came up with chocolate 'pave' to commemorate the 1968 rebellion when they threw cobblestones at les flics
      http://parisbreakfasts.blogspot.fr/2009/07/michel-chaudun.html

      Delete
  7. I think I saw my little car's twin in red there:)

    The crepes look marvelous(no accents on my little portable)..


    The books sound great..
    Hate to repeat myself..this is all very Spiral to me:)

    Almost done the seasons that are available..

    Say hello to Maitre Karlsson for me..

    Laure sure is a busy gal too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!

    I am not usually a fan of murder/mystery books but as long as PAris is a major character I will give it a try!

    Have a great week Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tons of Paris details, locations, lifestyle and historic tidbits
      That's what hooked me Elizabeth

      Delete
  9. Great pics of "the rue" Carol.
    Gonna' check out the trip info..........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol, I'm putting in a reserve request for this new Cara Black novel at my library. I think that I've read each of the prior books, and loved the attention she gives to Parisian neighborhoods.

    I'm well familiar with the undulating cobblestones of some of NYC's SoHo neighborhood. It can be amusing to see the stiletto-clad fashionistas attempting to cross Greene Street mid block. Repeated efforts by the City to repair these streets just cannot keep up with what nature does to the cobbles. Natural speed bumps to slow down taxis, perhaps?

    That crepe looks yummy. The two doors have lovely colors.

    Computer still chugging along....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol, I put this on the to-do list and it didn't get done . . .is it too late to enter? I read the rules and it says one can enter now. Sorry, if I missed detail as to why pre-order. Crazy life here. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cara said they extended the deadline till April 15
    Shhhh
    so jump on board a toute de suite

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you