Friday, March 22, 2013

Chocolaterie Servant

Mardi 14 Mars Chocolaterie Servant
This is Dominique Autret, whose parents started Chocolaterie Servant. Even as a child she was following in their footsteps.
Chocolaterie Servant in d'Auteuil has to be one of Paris' prettiest chocolate shops
Has anything changed at Servant since they opened in 1913?
Only that they're celebrating their one hundreth birthday.
Wouldn't you just love to click your orange heels together and be here now?
Clearly they are fond of the color orange, a big favorite in Paris.
Not an Easter egg or poule in the maison is missing an orange ribbon.
Who knew chickens could be so beautiful?
Not too far from Servant you can drop in the Marie Laurencin exhibit at musee Marmottan on until June 30th. Can one doubt that Laurencin, a celebrity portrait painter, fed her sitters chocolates from Servant?
The crowd was quite elegant and looked to have just come from Chocolaterie Servant...well I did.
I tried desperately to save my praline-filled chocolate chicken and little lamb but forget about that! Do visit both Laurencin + Servant chocolates when you're in Paris.
30, d'Auteuil 75016

20 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place:) You are one busy girl..love the carriage w/ the chicken scene:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this your first Easter in France? When I lived in Paris I loathed the Easter holiday -- it's a work/school vacation all over the continent and the city got jam-packed with tourists from the rest of Europe. I'll be interested to know if it's still like that.

    Hope you'll be OK without Peeps to get you through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've come many times for Easter
      I love to look at the crazy chocolate creations
      Peeps...I hadn't thought...now I Will miss them.

      Delete
  3. Servant looks completely enticing. I took a Lenten no chocolate vow, and am so glad that Easter is going to arrive very soon.

    It would be very good if our NYC weather would warm up bit before that Fifth Avenue Easter Parade. Otherwise, there are going to be lots of very chilly bunnies.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a divine place! Dominique looks very much like I did as a child! Oh, simply paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:41 PM

    I've never wanted a chocolate chicken before reading this post!
    They look scrumptious!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially with the praline inside..much better then empty chocolate chickens IMHO

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:44 PM

    Love the tie in of the chocolates and the Larencin paintings.
    Both tres elegant
    Foodwalker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie Laurencin and you look alike CG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish...
      She looks like her paintings. No mistake about that!

      Delete
  8. Do you still have to hide your shooting? Or do you wear your press credentials and get full access?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos of a beautiful store......love your opening sketch as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sketch and that delicious praline-filled chocolate chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be eating one this minute...
      It's good I don't live so close to this shop!

      Delete
  11. Your blog is so beautiful
    I love Paris so much
    I visited it three times and more if I can

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable your sketch is - like an exquisite illustration for an old-fashioned children's story!
    A gorgeous old-fashioned chocolate shop too ... a chocolate chicken would not have lasted long with me either :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Talking about Chocolate on Paris, what are your top 3 favourite places. I would like to try somen of the finest ones there on my next visit in Paris. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like to pick favorites even for myself since tastes change daily and Paris has way too many excellent chocolatiers. But do check out Rachel Khoo's post on Paris chocolate. You couldn't go wrong trying all of her choices.
      http://www.rachelkhoo.com/recipe/ingredient-of-the-month-chocolate

      Delete
    2. PS why ever limit yrself to 3 top?
      Here is Paris by Mouths list by arrondissement:

      http://parisbymouth.com/our-guide-to-paris-chocolate-and-candy-shops/

      Delete
  14. That Easter display looks wonderful. There are so many gems in Paris aren't there. Which is of course one of the great things, so many gems to find.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you