Monday, September 05, 2011

Jean-Paul Goude/Paris!

I bought this book 'cause I love the cover. Paris graphics are terrific.
 No one does it better in Paris than Jean-Paul Goude

© Photo de Jean-Paul Goude pour Galeries LafayetteThis morning surfing around a link took me to a Galeries Lafayette page full of Goude..
© Photo de Jean-Paul Goude pour Galeries Lafayette © Photo de Jean-Paul Goude pour Galeries Lafayette © Photo de Jean-Paul Goude pour Galeries Lafayette
It's impossible to take a Metro without meeting up with Goude enroute.
© Photo de Jean-Paul Goude pour Galeries Lafayette
© Photo de Jean-Paul Goude pour Galeries Lafayette

© Photo de Jean-Paul Goude pour Galeries Lafayette © Photo de Jean-Paul Goude pour Galeries Lafayette © Photo de Jean-Paul Goude pour Galeries Lafayette
© Photo de Jean-Paul Goude pour Galeries Lafayette!
BONJOUR J-P GOUDE/PARIS!

16 comments:

  1. Geri, NJ12:54 PM

    I love his work...thanks for putting a name and a link to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful post on Labor Day, Carol!
    I thoroughly enjoyed the graphics, wonderful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goude is amazing! That book...it appears to be in French...so even the French have to study to be Parisian?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great post! I enjoyed every image, and will keep an eye out for those posters in the metro in a couple of weeks...Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The how to become a Parisienne IS in French but any nincompoop can figure it out - basically where to buy stuff, where to eat, where to get yr nails done etc.
    The deeper, darker secrets of inner Frenchiness are elusive comme habitude :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goude is just plain delicious!
    Strike out the plain.

    Nothing plain about him and everything fanciful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great images, Carol!! Sounds a wonderful book! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous post, Carol. I love these images! I'm off to Paris tomorrow. Wish you were coming with me! xo Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun, Carol! Happy Labor day! It's getting ready to storm here--you can see it brewing. I'll pretend I'm grilling out, how's that!? I'm making chicken piccata. (Not exactly Labor Day fare, but it's what I have here!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing photos - he is very inventive with a great sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this artist!!!! I'll bet he is the same one that did the model with the Eiffel Tower on her head...LOVE IT! Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  12. San Francisco radio station KFOG used to sell T-shirts that read, "Use an accordion, go to jail." Photo #4 certainly casts that instrument in a different light.

    Love these images.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to write more things in lipstick on that guy's chest...

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I was a young Illustrator, way back when, I remember Goude's work as always being so very creative, inventive, and surprising.
    A true Renaissance man.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you