Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jean-Paul Hevin Choco Passion

Chocolat Passion by Carol GillottJean-Paul Hevin Choco Passion, watercolor, 9" x 11"Jean-Paul Hevin Darling Jill of Mad About Macarons fame took me to master chocolatier Jean-Paul Hevin's Chocolate Bar on rue St. Honore.
Jean-Paul Hevin Only 30 desserts to choose from!Jean-Paul Hevin We chose the choco passion - intense dark chocolate ganache + passion fruit mousse - so divine it levitated right off the table.
Jean-Paul Hevin It would be wise to study up ahead with this Assouline book on J-PH by Le Figaro food critic par excellance, Fancois Simon.
Jean-Paul HevinUtterly luscious photos + chocolate recipes in the back.
Jean-Paul Hevin After tea and dessert you will be well- armed to face the endless chocolate displays downstairs...
Jean-Paul Hevin Resistance will be so easy...
Jean-Paul Hevin Chocolate can be quite the seductress you know...
Jean-Paul Hevin Oh dear, how not to give in to temptation?
BONJOUR JEAN-PAUL HEVIN CHOCOLAT PASSION!

Jean-Paul Hevin

19 comments:

  1. Justine4:38 PM

    Chocolate heaven today..
    Such torture
    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see it says "minimum"! Is there a "maximum"?? ;]
    Miam-miam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You PBers keep me on my toes don't you!
    I guess the dessert list is open to new creations bien sur...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carol,
    absolutely fabulous!
    You are killing me not so softly with your chocolate temptations! It is almost 11pm, the night train to Paris has already left. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. next time can I come, please, pretty please? this must have been heaven, chocolate heaven...
    Greetz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go broke there :)
    That looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your paintings make the choclate look so chocolately!
    Looks like the raspberry one was a big hit. I don't know Carol, you have an awfully difficult job
    :0))
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How divine of JPH to provide a menu with photos!!! this is a man I could fall in love with. Don't tell Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Julie,
    I had to eat a Perugino dark chocolate bar to get in touch with my inner chocolatieness. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh! I have to go here one day! I love chocolate desserts and you can't top a French chocolate dessert. They all look so luxurious! Haha, I love that your dessert plate levitated off the table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Carol,
    What a lovely surprise and thanks so much for such a wonderful afternoon. It's not the same going back without you. What an amazing painting of that chocolate heaven. I was wondering why you asked me to lift that plate up - you are so clever! Deliciously tempting post. J xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you see the gorgeous chocolate cigars? Its a wonderful creation that I've never seen in any other chocolate shop in paris! A bar of dark chocolate, moulded to look like a cuban cigar and then dusted with cocoa powder. It's decadently delicious and I always leave with a few boxes for very appreciative friends. A box of chocolates that even guys appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never tried the cigars C
    But there are so many things I haven't tried...
    So much chocolate..
    so little time :O

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is heaven on earth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I needed that little pick-me-up this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I woke up thinking about chocolate. I must have been psychically aware of this post!

    Perfect, that "Hevin" is so close to "heaven"...

    ReplyDelete
  17. My palette finds all these deliciously chocolaty images
    overwhelmingly appealing. So much so that I can envision subtle wet variations of Siennas, Umbers, and Ochres on my studio palette, awaiting the creation of a big chocolaty painting.
    Scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh la la! Looks like chocolate heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! yum! delicious! i think i will buy chocolate right now!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you