Friday, October 23, 2009

Salon du Chocolat 2009 Fashions

Last Friday I was watching another défilé/line/parade of chocolate fashions at Salon du Chocolat.We were seated at the foot of the stage. Boy did we have to fight to get there. What a view we got!This year's theme was Operatic. This fabulously dangerous gown was by Nestlé France SA, Coralie Robert. Inspired by the Nutcracker with a Tchaikovski-sweepy fish tail.I LOVED this one and yelled out,
"You ROCK MICHAEL JACKSON!"
She is wearing a military jacket on one shoulder! Doesn't that make it an homage to MJ? And whose life was more operatic?
This gorge model is about toss some chockies out to the audience.
None fell on us :(
This contraption was by designers, Marithé + François Girbaud with Chocolats Pralus. I wish she'd kept it closed. I don't want to think what opera this is. I just want to scream
DUCK! Here come the chocolates!
This chocolaty number was designed by Herve Leger and with the help of French chocolatier Jean-Paul Hevin. At least it's highly edible. But the chocolate leggings I do not get.
No clue who or what but fun.
La Maison du Chocolat's homage to Bizet's Carmen made sense.
The king of caramels, Le Roux Quiberon made this odd feathery creation. Sadly no caramels were thrown at us... Chocolatier Michel Cluizel et Jean Doucet in AÏDA
Enough with these chocolate fashions! Let's sink our teeth into some real chocolate! Well ok virtually...
Belgian Chocolatier Pierre Marcolini was at the Salon for the first time. They were quite generous with free tastes, considering his chockies are some of the most expensive in the world.

The little red hearts off to the far left are out of this world. They did not make it to the second day I can assure you-miam-miam
October 30 - November 1, 2009More reports to come on the 2009 Paris Salon du Chocolat, but get ready for New York's Chocolate Show coming up next week starting October 30.
I wish French chocolatiers would visit the New York chocolate fashions -
They do NOT have to be brown dresses for Gawd's sake. Where is the whimsy? Lighten up Frenchies.
New York Chocolate Show fashions ROCK!
I can't wait to see this year's show :)
BONJOUR CHOCOLAT FASHIONS!
October 30 - November 1, 2009

28 comments:

  1. Cool and yummy! That looked like fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed that exhibit, too bad...but now you're back to NYC and all these chocolate makers are for me again.
    Have a nice week end.
    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Carol,
    I just love your Blog - some people go for the newspaper - Not me, no, I get into my PB. I can't wait to see what you've posted about Paris, and getting a daily dose of my favorite city from your perspective, makes it so much more fun!
    If you were looking for the name of the opera for the gown by Nestlé France SA, Coralie Robert, it reminds me of the Queen of the Night from Mozart's Magic Flute? What did everyone else think...

    Thank you again for keep us au current on all things Parisien!

    Sincerely,

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour! Great photos! I was there at the show last Friday we probably walked right past each other! I did not stay for the fashion show though, I tried one too many freebies! Another great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only outfits I really like are those southern belle ones in the photo second from the top. All the rest are fun to look at, on the runway, but can't imagine wearing them anywhere else at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply MUST have a piece of dark chocolat today!!! Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there...I`m back in blogland and catching up on all the 100`s of fabulous posts I missed out on.....and here you are still tempting us with the the most delicious things.....oh how I missed it!!!! --Gypsy Purple -Chamara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Foodwalker1:50 PM

    these were all pretty horrible. Let us eat chocolate and leave it at that!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamela1:52 PM

    I'm sorry - just saw inspired by the Nutcracker - Tchaikovski - Casse Noisette...wrong opera before. Oops!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. so funny about wishing Girbaud had kept it 'closed'
    And CLOSED was a name of one of their lines!
    i just returned from two weeks in paris too.
    the best place on earth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, cruel, so cruel. I wake up every morning on the West Coast of Vancouver Island, coffee in hand, kitty by my side, and look at your blog with pictures of pastries and chocolate. yipes....love the blog. it's a lot of fun. I lived in France in 1984-1985 and long to go back.
    I'm sure you get millions of e-mails. Enjoy your day and just know that some small person way on the other side of the continent enjoys your blog. Take care and happy painting and chocolating....

    Sincerely,

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks wild....Have a wonderful weekend, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The photos are great - I love the way you captured the "fashions" and the models. Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. NJ Boy2:36 PM

    I'm enjoying yr reports from the chocolate Salon.
    PLEASE keep em up!!!
    wmt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes wonderful runway angles. Headed to my frig right now for a Valrhona moment. Fashion satiates but chocolate SUSTAINS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi carol, i trust you had a glorious time in paris.
    Regarding designers, for every Galliano there are thousands of lesser talents...
    c'est la vie
    are we not blessed to love and visit paris??? sennelier forever!
    pal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Egad! Another chocolate show in the offing and me in Old Lady Hubbard mode....I am about to run down to the pantry to scrape the last teaspoon of Nutella out of the bottle...well, at least I am forewarned:
    To do this weekend:
    Prepare for PB's trip to the NYC Choc. show! Buy Chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly fancy creations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mary Jo4:53 AM

    I'm trying to lose 2 lbs after vacation and I want to run out and buy some chocolate now.
    I'll hand cuff myself to the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just toss me the key while I drip hot chocolate on your forehead Da-link!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marie-Paule7:48 AM

    Hello Carol!
    Here you can look at some other photos (with the opera's names).

    Marie-Paule

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the first time I've seen choclate and fashion together, Carol! Fascinating. Have a wonderful wknd - I am sure you're missing Paris already - I would be! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, I've always wanted to go to this salon. Thank you so much for sharing these photos of your visit and for stopping by my blog.
    Bon weekend to you!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is Paris Fashion... that's why I love writing about it. Utterly delish'!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you