Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Tour du Chocolat

Paris Ritz Teddy,watercolor on Etsy,sold 5.5" x 7.5
Last weekend the New York Times had an article on taking a tour of Paris' high-end chocolatiers, though there were quite a few they left out....
For example, the Paris Ritz's chocolate bars or tablettes...
Remember "tablette" not only refers to French chocolate bars, but to a guy's well-muscled chest. Here Jean-Charles Rochoux makes a pun creating a solid chocolate sculpture of just such a chest of abs saying, "To each his tablettes..."
These shots are from the October Salon du Chocolat 2008, so naturally there were plenty of gowns made of chocolate - YUM!
The Times article mentions Michel Cluizel's marcolats - a macaron-shaped bonbon filled with chocolate ganache.
Plus they mentioned top chocolatier Jean-Paul Hevin, also at the big show...
But how could they leave out one of Paris' best chocolatiers?
La Maison du Chocolat!
The thing I love most about the Paris chocolate show is how well all France's chocolate is represented, both high-end and low...
The piles of very good and affordable chocolate that's so available to everyone, not just those carrying a Birkin bag....
Chocolate does not have to be elegant to be divine....
Here stacks of chocolate pasta!
Chocolatier Chapon was dishing out chocolate mousse by the scoopfuls...LORDIE!
Plus plenty of do-it-yourself chocolate cookbooks to browse through...
Why not nibble a "French" chocolate chip cookie while your browsing...and why didn't I get one?
BONNE CHOCO TOURING!

13 comments:

  1. Yes, why DIDN'T you get one!!? LOL

    YUM!, Carol. I love your teddy bear--so fluffy and sweet. I'm really enjoying seeing all your different images these days. Some of those chocolates are amazing--I like the skirt of chocolate. You could just pull one off, here and there, for a little snack, all day long, oui?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate mousse by the scoop. I know what I want for breakfast. I am giving up my two scoops of Raisin Bran for a scoop of Mousse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:32 AM

    OMG!!!
    I so want Santa to bring me this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:33 AM

    The PERFECT breakfast:
    Totally chocolate!!
    Please lead a tour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:09 PM

    aaaawwwwwww!
    That is soo cute! You brighten my day! :)
    Bon!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:11 PM

    Hello! I hope you are getting ready for the Festive Season!
    Have a Wonderful xmas and a fantastic New Year!
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Chocolate!
    I got to go the NYC La Maison a couple of weeks ago. I had a "4 red fruits" tea macaron. :)
    -esmereldes

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUMMY chocolat! When I was in Paris I went to this lovely chocolat shop and bought the most WONDERFUL thin chocolat squares! I wish I could remember what the shop was... I am dying to have another one... sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable painting. You really captured his fur.Double
    yum to the chocolate. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  10. did you see the article in the NY Times this past week?

    http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/12/14/travel/14journeys.html?scp=1&sq=chocolate%20paris&st=cse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Haha Carol!
    I've been an RSS feed subscriber for a couple months now~ I did also read that NYT article of their Tour du Chocolat and I TOTALLY thought of you.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg this looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does that chocolate pasta not melt when you pour the tomato sauce on it?

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you