Thursday, January 18, 2007

Are those piles of tins all yours?

Hediard Tea TinsHediard Tea Tins, original watercolor, 9" x 11"
Marie-Noëlle said yesterday... Are those piles of tins all yours? Very impressive, indeed! How many bags and suitcases do you need when you fly home?!?
I always travel with a very small suitcase but in this case I bought miniature Hediard tea tins, so no problem...

BETJEMAN AND BARTON I didn't attempt to bring home this tea tin sign outside BETJEMAN AND BARTON on 23, boulevard Malesherbes, 75008 Paris. Nice though.

BETJEMAN AND BARTON You could buy a BETJEMAN AND BARTON tins at the the 3-day Le Festival de The

at Galerie Lafayette All these tea tins were for sale in the Lafayette Gourmet tea department. It's the norm to pick you choice of loose tea and then have it bagged or buy a beautiful (coffret) tin to store your tea leaves.

At the Paris chocolate show there were tea sellers.
Check out the interesting teapot Tea & Cie. has made out of this egg-yolk-yellow tin online. Sadly, I did not bring this home.

Another chocolate shop, this time in Reims with a wall of tea tins. There's no way these tins will fit in my suitcase.

But you can always find a small silver tea spoon to fit in your suitcase. I did..from Mariage Freres for all of 10 euros :)

14 comments:

  1. I need to take packing lessons from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:27 AM

    I want them all!!! They're adorable. I must get some. I'm off to check out the sites...

    BTW, I have linked your site to my blog, which is actually at www.strangerontheearth.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully the pictures fit in your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tea just tastes better coming from a tin, doesn't it. Lovely photo's and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:31 AM

    I can't imagine where you would put everything if you DID bring it home. and I'm with shabby in the City. Thankful the Picture's fit in that suitcase. ;-) Another great painting.
    CM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:35 AM

    In French we say "rouge comme une pivoine" (=as red as a peony) when we talk about a shy/embarrassed person... I do not know the English idiom ... Would it be "as red as a Betjeman & Barton tea tin sign" ??? (a little long to use in a conversation though !)
    Anyway, this is how I felt when I saw my name in your blog just now !?!

    adding a link that might be useful
    http://www.lamallebernard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:15 PM

    Tea tins,
    Red tins,
    Blue tins.
    And some tins,
    Should have been tossed in bins.
    Who ever begins
    To collect tins,
    Can expect to hear violins...

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's no tin quite like a French tin. Love em all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me sniffing the tea IN the tin does the trick.
    I never seem to get around to actually making the tea. The aroma in the tin is not the same as when you taste it in your mouth.
    Your nose can smell close to 200 flavors - the mouth only 5.
    I'll stick with the nose/nez

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:59 AM

    The negative white space in the watercolor totally deceives my eyes (and blows up my mind).
    jaimeS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:07 AM

    I love that tin in the watercolor on the right on its side, with all the pigment sedimentation...
    And you got the teapot here!
    It's definitely all good...
    loveitaly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those tins are just incredible. I think I would show no restraint. ~sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It must be heaven not worrying about having to fit things into your suitcase any more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R U kidding
      I had/have to unpack don't I?
      Still sorting papers 3weeks later :(

      Delete

Love hearing from you