Saturday, June 24, 2006

La Cuisine De Christiane

Back to Christiane's amazing cuisine (kitchen) in Anglet. It was designed by a Bordeaux cuisiniste at a Boutique Bulthaup named “Futur Intérieur”.
This is some sort of built-in pressure cooker !? No microwave I'm sorry to report. The “cuisiniste” does not approve. So I had to heat my morning chocolat chaud in an old fashioned pot on top of the stove :( In this blurry photo note the plastic-protected photos over the stove. What a hoot :)
Again the light (lumiere) in France can not be topped.
Everything looks like a Vermeer still life to me. Yet to be painted...

8 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention all the Marriage Freres tea tins on the window sill of the 1st photo!!!
    OMG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:12 AM

    This super-high-tech kitchen looks to have stepped right out of Jacques Tati's, Mon Oncle -it's a '50s film but still the shoe fits. Try http://www.tativille.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:21 AM

    C’est SUPER, MAGNIFIQUE !!!
    J’ai envoyé la nouvelle version à Monsieur Vincent Grelier, le cuisiniste de Bordeaux, qui est un esthète.
    XXXiane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:22 PM

    I wish I had this kitchen !!! specially the gorgeious sexy ruby colour kitchenaid mixer...ahhh

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a hit carol. We are all drooling over this kitchen. It is an awesome little space...I wish my kitchen had as much charm!

    luis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm glad you all like this kitchen...I tought it was pretty amazing. I was surprised that in such a modern futuristic kitchen you could still find beautiful still lifes-I'm always looking for something to paint I suppose :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:46 AM

    Wonderful kitchen! I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be a french thing. My friends kitchen is so similar, and the light (textures) through the window is living art.

    She said " Here in Paris you don't need much to have much"

    She is right.. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you